PMP Summary

Cisco Packet Tracer

Direct instruction lesson (CET 282 HW)

Direct instruction lesson (CET 282 HW)

     Direct instruction lesson 

        The following article is about direct instruction lesson.

        Note: This is my CET 282 HW.

        The direct instructional model is the teacher-centered instruction, therefore, while I teach knowledge or skills that could be used successfully in a direct instruction lesson, I take account of that if the eclectic model is forbidden. I want to teach lessons like ED 211: Educational Psychology. For now, I choose to teach ED 211: Educational Psychology. Then, to deeply understand what students know about basic concepts in educational psychology, I want to ask some questions. Then, I try to determine and articulate goals clearly. For instance, one of my objectives is to comprehend the basic concepts of educational psychology. Then, before each of my lesson start, I will try to check all of lessons materials that I prepared before the semester starting whether something should be changed or not. After the first lesson, to be sure that students do not have any problem with the subject, I will ask questions and then I will try to cover them basically. While I present my presentations, I try to illuminate the topic very clearly and detaily. My presentations will include instructions and explanations and allow for the systematic evaluation of student's understanding. I use some visual materials like videos, mind maps, and so on. At the end of all lessons, I want feedback from students and if it is possible, I mean the class is not very crowded, I try to give feedback to students. If not possible, I determine common mistakes and then I try to focus on them to solve. And again if it is possible to give homework, I try to give it because evaluating them can be lasted very long, and instead of this, I will try to do different and more beneficial things that can affect the learning process positively. As I mentioned before, this lesson is suitable for the direct instructional model arising from the fact that there is not so much activity that can hold with groups between students.

        My target audience is people who do not have enough information about  the direct instruction model. With my infographic that summarizes the direct instruction model, people can comprehend the direct instruction model.





No comments:

Post a Comment